High Vacuum Grease, Dow Corning®
|SKU||Description||Quantity||Price||Add to Cart|
|DOWGREASE53OZ||High Vacuum Grease, Tube, 150 g (5.3 oz.)||1 Each||$43|
High vacuum grease is ideal for sealing and lubricating vacuum and pressure systems. Seals and prevents freezing of stopcocks and ground-glass joints in high-vacuum systems at pressures less than 10-6 mm Hg. Heat stable (−40 to 260 °C), low vapor pressure, and chemically resistant.
This silicone product has a low volatility to hold deep vacuums; it resists oxidation, is non-melting and non-gumming, and has good thermal stability. Grease is translucent white with a heavy consistency.
It can also be used to maintain laboratory equipment.
Certifications: Meets FDA CFR 21 175.300, USDA, NSF 61.
- Seals and lubricates chemical processing equipment.
- Lubricating plug valves, control valves, flow meter bearings, ceramic plug cocks, fire extinguisher valves, water treating equipment, synthetic rubber gaskets and seals in high temperature applications.
- Sealing vacuum and pressure systems.
- Lubricating o-rings in binoculars and telescopes. Prevents fogging of delicate lenses.
- Reduces wear in plastic-to-metal and rubber-to-metal contact.
- Low volatility
- Insoluble in water, methanol, ethanol, acetone, glycol and glycerine.
- Can be dispersed in kerosene, stoddard solvent, benzene, toluene, ethyl ether or petroleum ether.
- Unaffected by most vegetable and minerals oils, many organic compounds, and most common gases. It is also resistant to most aqueous solutions of inorganic salts and to dilute acids and alkalies.