QuEChERS for Testing Pesticides in Cannabis
QuEChERS Procedure for Testing Pesticides in Cannabis
QuEChERS was developed to be a simple, effective and inexpensive way to extract and clean pesticide residues from a wide range of sample matrices. This is desirable for multiresidue pesticide methods where the goal is to test many compounds, sometimes hundreds, in one analysis. Because of the benefits of QuEChERS, the approach has become popular and has expanded to include numerous other matrices such as grains, nuts, dairy, tea and spices, and Cannabis.
Step-by-Step Procedure for QuEChERS Extraction for Testing Pesticides in Cannabis
- Weigh 1 gram of homogenized Cannabis into a laboratory plastic tube.
- Add 10mL of reagent water, let soak, and shake occasionally for 30 minutes
- Add 10mL of MeCN (if you use JGF00150P for the EN-15662) or 10mL MeCN 1% HAc (if you use JGF00450P for the AOAC 2007.01). Shake or vortex for 10 minutes.
- Add the QuEChERS extraction salts JGF00150P or JGF00450P and shake for 1 minute manually or use a plant tissue homogenizer at 1,000 strokes/minute.
- Centrifuge at 5000 G for 5 minutes. Target analytes will be extracted into the upper layer.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Dispersive SPE Clean-up
- Transfer 10mL of the supernatant to the 15mL tube dSPE clean-up JGF00915P.
- Shake for 2 minutes manually or use a plant tissue homogenizer at 1,000 strokes/minute.
- Centrifuge at 5,000 G for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the sample for the analysis.
QuEChERS Extraction Products for Testing Pesticides in Cannabis
|JGF00150P||4g MgSO4, 1g NaCl, 1g trisodium citrate dihydrate, .5g disodium hydrogencitrate sesquihydrate (EN-15662) in a 50mL tube|
|JGF00450P||6g MgSO4, 1.5g NaOAc (AOAC 2007.01) in a 50mL tube|
Dispersive SPE (dSPE) Clean-up Products
|JGF00915P||900mg MgSO4, 300mg PSA, 150mg GCB in a 15mL tube|
Information provided courtesy of JG Finneran.