|SKU||Description||Compatible Non-Vacuum Jars||Compatible Vacuum Jars||Electrical||Quantity||Price||Add to Cart|
|PQN04.110||Planetary Ball Mill||4 x 100 mL||4 x 50 mL||110V, 50/60Hz, 1Ph, 370W||1 Each||
|PQN04.220||Planetary Ball Mill||4 x 100 mL||4 x 50 mL||220V, 50/60Hz, 1Ph, 370W||1 Each||
PQ-N04 series planetary ball mills may be used for mixing, homogenizing, fine grinding, mechanical alloying, cell disruption, small volume high-tech material production and even colloidal grinding. They are the ideal wet/dry milling tools for acquiring research samples with high efficiency and low noise. Vacuum jars may be used to process sample within a vacuum environment.
PQ-N04 planetary ball mills have four grinding stations arranged on the "Sun Wheel" of the planetary ball mill. When the Sun Wheel rotates, the grinding balls inside the jars are subject to superimposed rotational movements, known as Coriolis Forces. The difference in speeds between the grinding balls and jars produce an interaction between frictional and impact forces, which release high dynamic energies. Minimum granularity of the final product can be as small as 0.1 micron.
A timer controls running time from 1 to 999 minutes; it also controls jars' direction of rotation and intervals. We offer various sizes of grinding jars and grinding balls in different materials in our ball mill accessories section. Depending on your application, the material your grinding media is made from may be imperative to achieving accurate results.
- Single direction without timing (samples need long or non-stop milling)
- Single direction with timing (samples need to be milled in one direction for a designated amount of time before automatic shutdown)
- Bi-direction with timing (samples need to run clockwise for 1.5 hours, then counter-clockwise for another 1.5 hours and so on, for 15 total hours, before the machine shuts down itself)
- Single direction with paused interval and timing (i.e. samples need to run for 0.5 hour, then pause for 1 hour, then run for another 0.5 hour in same direction and pause for another 1 hour, for 10 cycles before auto shutdown)
- Bi-direction with paused interval and timing (samples need to run clockwise for 0.8 hour, pause for 0.5 hour, then run counter-clockwise for 0.8 hour, for 20 cycles, before auto shutdown)
- High uniformity and excellent repeatability Fast rotational speed, high efficiency and fine granularity
- Four samples with different sizes and materials in one experiment
- Leak-proof jars for wet grinding
- Large range of materials available for grinding media
- Gear-drive offers an effective solutions to problems caused by belt driving, such as belt creep and belt abrasion
- Low center of gravity, good rigidity, compact structure, low noise, safe and reliable operation
- Adjustable height
- Safety switch ensures automatic shut down if cover is opened during operation
Achieving the desired particles via ball mill is a research project. The project depends on the material, grinding time, speed, and combination of grinding jar and quantity/size of milling ball. It is your responsibility to find the best milling procedure based on your material.
- Except stainless steel jars, all other jars must use stainless steel vacuum jackets when used in vacuum condition.
- Vacuum jars or jackets must be operated with a vacuum pump which sold separately.
|Electrical Requirements||110V or 220V 50/60Hz single phase, 370 watts|
|Compatible NON-Vacuum Jars||4 x 100 mL|
|Compatible Vacuum Jars||4 x 50 mL|
|Operation Mode||Two or four grinding jars working simultaneously|
|Maximum Feeding Capacity||2/3 capacity of the grinding jars|
|Feeding Granularity||Soil materials ≤ 10mm, others materials ≤ 3mm (If the sample feed is larger than these then it must first undergo preliminary size reduction)|
|Discharging Granularity||Down to 0.1 micron|
|Maximum Continuous Operating Time||72 hours|
|Planetary Jar Rotation Speed||350 rpm|
|Unit Dimensions||24 x 14 x 17.5" (DxWxH) height is 32" with cover open|
|Shipping Dimensions||27 x 17 x 23" (LxWxH)|
|Shipping Weight||170 lbs|